As heard from at least one family member every day. . .

We aren't always cookin' anything fancy, but, one thing is for sure. . . we won't go hungry around here.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Smores Galore!!

The girls and I made these bars the other night.  The recipe popped up on my Stumble site.  If you do not have Stumble, you need to get it.  It is way cool.  You sign up (easy to do and it's free) and you type in your interests (cooking).  You click on the tab "Stumble" and random sites pop up that you would normally never get to that are focused on your interests.  The sites have been chosen by many others with similar interests, so you know they are worth your time.  I get stuck stumbling on the food sites for an embarrassing amount of time.  Usually Lauren is right alongside me and we are gaga over the recipes and photos.  Here was the pick of the night:

Warm Toasted Marshmellow Smores Bars

These bars were divine.  I used chocolate chip cookie dough instead of the sugar cookie packaged stuff it says to use.  Who buys packaged cookie mixes?  I just substituted a little of the brown sugar for extra white when I made the dough from scratch.

The bars tasted even better on Day 2.  Ask Ryan.  I think he ate some for breakfast and then after school he and his buddy ate a couple of rows.  :-)  16 year old boys can just eat like that.

Yum!
Shari :-))

1 comment:

  1. I love experimenting with new recipes, and I may have to try this one sometime this summer! I am sure my boys would love it.

    ReplyDelete